Nonprofit ID consortium DigiTrust has been bought by the Interactive Advertising Bureau's Tech Lab. DigiTrust brings together programmatic platforms with the common goal of establishing an industrywide standard identifier for targeting ads.
The Cambridge Analytica issue and forthcoming EU's General Data Protection Regulation have brought to light insecurities in third-party data processes across social platforms and websites. Brands that have access to first-party data are at an advantage when it comes to protecting consumer privacy and better ad targeting, writes Ambreen Ali.
Amazon has been ramping up its ad products and services, and more interest from advertisers is pushing up costs, such as a 128% year-over-year rise in the price of headline search ads, per Merkle. Industry executives share their thoughts on the appeal of the platform, with eMarketer's Monica Peart explaining, "Amazon almost seems like they're not advertising. To the consumer, it's, 'Oh, I searched for this, and you're trying to be helpful by showing me other options.' "
Autotrader has launched a new campaign, "Test Drive," which showcases the brand's new website. The push from Zambezi is running across broadcast, cable, streaming, radio and social, and it features interactive content on digital platforms including Spotify, YouTube and Pandora.
Register Now: IAB Women Visionaries, May 8 in NYC IAB is convening top leaders in tech, media, and marketing to share lessons in leadership and real-world takeaways to advance women’s trajectories and the workplace at large. The event offers leader-to-leader management conversation, workplace wisdom, and industry insights.
With the upcoming NBA playoffs, Stanley Cup Finals, and, of course, the fast-approaching World Cup, this is a big year for sports fans & marketers hoping to engage them. A new study from Neuro-Insight points to Twitter as a complement to, rather than a distraction from, sports on TV — delivering both incremental reach and engagement for marketers. Read 3 Ways Twitter Changes the Live TV Sports Viewing Experience
The competition is fierce for TV marketers to get people's attention. How do you make sure your audience knows about your programming? A series of new studies from Nielsen found that people are more likely to tune in to TV after being exposed to ads on Twitter. Read 3 Ways Twitter Makes Your TV Ads Work Harder
YouTube has revealed that it removed over 8 million videos from its platform in the final quarter of 2017 for not complying with community guidelines. Computers were the first to flag 6.7 million of those videos, of which 76% were eliminated before any users had warned YouTube about them.
Alphabet has announced that it made $31.1 billion in revenue in the first quarter, surpassing Wall Street projections by around $870 million. Growth was up 26% compared with 24% in the same period in 2017, and advertising accounted for $26.6 billion of revenue.
Pizza Hut is celebrating its new status as an official NFL sponsor with a push that stars the Pittsburgh Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster performing his own "Doorbell Dance" to mark the arrival of his delivery from the brand. The campaign is urging consumers to share their own celebration dances on Instagram using #Sweepstakes and #PizzaHutHut for a chance to win NFL game tickets.
Two-thirds of Americans who use voice search do so on their smartphones, 35% use home smart speakers and 46% search by voice at least once a day, per NetElixir. The survey also found that 38% of respondents are open to ads on voice if they're relevant, implying that the remaining 62% are not in favor.
IAB Video Symposium: How to Build a 21st Century Brand Through Digital Video & OTT
This year's IAB Video Symposium, taking place on May 7 in New York City, will discuss new ways of direct-to-consumer engagement with sight, sound and motion. It will also cover strategies for creating and monetizing video designed for increasingly mobile, moment-to-moment consumers.
The IAB has released its “IAB 250 Powered by Dun & Bradstreet" analysis that pinpoints the most important “Direct Brands” to watch in the US economy. The companies on the list come from 15 different categories including apparel/fashion, consumer electronics, sporting goods, travel and hospitality, and more.